?

Log in

FAQs for the Crimson Flame - The Crimson Flame

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

December 14th, 2016


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
roguealyriina
12:16 pm - FAQs for the Crimson Flame
Do you have a tabard?
Yes. Our tabard is black with a crimson flame on it. Original, isn't it?

How long has this guild been around?
Almost two years. We originally started on the Sargeras PVP server, but a few months ago transferred the entire guild to the Emerald Dream RPPVP server, as it fits our playstyle far better.

Do you have Ventrilo or Teamspeak?
Of course. We have a guild Vent server, the information for using it is on our Guild Information tab in-game.

How large is your guild?
Currently, we have around 40 guildmembers, ranging in level from 6 to 60. We are currently recruiting for more, but we focus on quality of potential guildies, rather than quantity.

Eventually, we would like to be a 200+ member guild, doing full end-game PVE and arenas.

What are your requirements for joining this guild?
That is a many-faceted question. We understand many guilds have time requirements or spec requirements; we have neither. We understand that your real life comes before gaming. Many of our members are military servicemen and women, parents with small children, or college students; therefore, we understand that oftentimes, the real world intrudes on your journeys in Azeroth. Consequently, we do not require any minimum facetime.

As for specs, we feel it is your choice how you wish to spec your character. We may suggest, as many of us have been playing the game for a long time, a different way to spec or train, however, they are just suggestions and you are by no means required to do so. We have Shadow Priests, Subtlety Rogues, Feral Druids, Retribution Paladins, and Elemental Shamans. We don't care if other people don't like your spec, you're cool with us.

Our only real requirements are that you follow the rules and type where we can understand you. Basic attention to grammar and spelling is always appreciated.

So, what are your rules?
Rule # 1: Don't be a dick. It's pretty simple. Your character can be an ass, you can't. We consider /s (say) and /y (yell) to be fully in-character; we consider /t (tell or whisper) and /p (party) to fully out of character, and /g (guild chat) to be a random mixture of both. When you are running with other guildmates or in a pick-up group, you represent our guild, and we are NOT assholes. Well, maybe we are, just a little bit. But we are not bodycampers, ninja-looters, lowbie gankers, kill stealers, or otherwise griefers. We don't start fights. And that brings me to rule #2.
Rule #2: Don't start fights. However, feel free to finish them. What we mean by that is you do not strike first. You may defend lower-level characters that are being killed (provided they didn't start it and are being attacked by higher-level characters), defend the zone you are in (meaning, if the opposing faction is attacking guards or other NPCs, feel free to defend them if you wish), or defend yourself, of course. Killing civilians is grounds for guild expulsion. Ganking lowbies (any opposing PC that is grey to you) is grounds for guild expulsion. (Exceptions are only made for guilds we are considered at war with. Then gank with impugnity.)

Hey! But we're on a PVP server!
Damned skippy. We're all for murdering and killing people who are assholes, so feel free to gank the gankers.

We're not "Care Bears". We're just not going to perpetuate the problem.

Then what's the guild's stance on PVP and battlegrounds?
It's your call if you want to spend the time in the BGs. However, keep this in mind:

For every rank you rise in PVP, you must spend at least two in-game hours helping lowbies, from our guild or not. This means running people through Stocks, Wailing Caverns, or whatever. Standing around in lowbie areas giving away free lowbie enchants, potions, or gear. Helping lowbies with escort quests. Whatever you choose to do for your "community service", it still has to get done.

Unfair? We don't think so. To us, it's a reminder that we all were lowbies once, and maybe someone being nice to them will keep them from being dicks later on in the game.

Further, from a roleplaying standpoint, our guild believes that giving community service helps to stave off the Blood Lust. (See below for Roleplaying information.)

What about Endgame?
Right now, we're too small and mostly too low-level to do end-game instances and raids. Many of our higher-level characters have forged alliances with other raiding guilds so they can jump in on an MC run or two.

Eventually, we plan on doing all the end-game instances. But we have to build the foundation first, and the foundation starts with you.

So, you say you're a moderate RP guild. What's the Guild Storyline?
The short end of it is that we are a mercenary band of outlaws, bandits, malcontents, and other riffraff who in general don't get along with the rest of the native population.

Why? Well, because somewhere along the line, a handful of our people realized that the majority of Azeroth's citizens have been infected with a version of the Bloodlust that up until recently affected the orcs. The Burning Legion is manipulating events to cause the two factions to war with each other and ignore the Legion's goal of the destruction of our world.

Slowly gathering like-minded individuals, the supicious and paranoid founders of the Flame instituted a "Blood Oath" that simultaneously guarentees absolute loyalty to the Flame, and provides a vaccination against the Blood Lust.

The Flame are the "anti-hero" types, fighting for justice and truth and all that "goody goody nonsense", but doing so in ways that would shock, disgust, and astound those in power. The Flame is not afraid to take risks, and does not believe in collateral damage, which has led to some altercations with many of those in power. Any member of the Flame is considered to be "Wanted" by the powers that be, for whatever reason (or just because they signed up).

Oddly enough, no one seems to get arrested... and certain guildmembers seem to have connections that maybe they shouldn't...

Do I need any specific add-ons or anything?
Yes, we expect the use of two of them:
My Roleplay: used for putting in important bits about your backstory and character information
Guild Event Manager: which we use to schedule guild instance runs and roleplaying events

We also heavily encourage the following:
Lore: used for speaking and understanding different languages of Azeroth
CTMod: very useful for raids and instances
Decursive: for Mages to uncurse people

Also, you're encouraged, though not required, to create a character-specific Livejournal and join our Livejournal community.

NEW!Do you have a guild website and forums?

We have a guild website, but it's currently down.

We do have guild forums, hosted by GuildPortal. Click here to join them.

What is your stance on alts?
Go for it.

You can't have more than 2 alts in our guild, however.

What are the Guild Ranks and responsibilities and how do you get promotions?

Officer Ranks:
Lady of Chaos/Horde Attache - Guildmaster of Alliance and Horde respectively. The Lady of Chaos is the overall guild master.
Group Leader - A group leader is the second highest rank, and they are able to recruit, train, promote, kick, demote, lead instance runs and raids, and otherwise hold things together in the absence of a guildmaster.
Officer - An officer is the third highest rank, and they are able to recruit, train, promote, kick, demote, lead instance runs, and otherwise hold things together in the absence of a guildmaster or group leader.
True Soul - A True Soul has proven their worth as a Knight and serves the Flame by leading instances runs, training new recruits, and occasionally recruiting.
Crimson Knight - The Crimson Knight is the lowest ranking officer. They train new recruits while learning their roles and responsibilities as an officer.

Member Ranks:
Full Member - A Full Member has proven their worth to the Flame and is entitled to all rights and privledges. They may assist officers with recruiting and training.
Blooded - A Blooded member has particpated in and finished three full instance runs to the satisfaction of their guildmates.
Unblooded - A Unblooded member is currently working on their full instance runs to become Blooded.
Oathbound - An Oathbound member has made it through their trial period satisfactorily.
Oathtaker - A trial or new member of the Crimson Flame.



We'll add more information as people ask questions. Feel free to post a comment with another question if you have it, and we'll do our best to answer it quickly.

(Leave a comment)


> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com